Difference between revisions of "Glossary"
From mb21 TX Wiki
|Line 28:||Line 28:|
Revision as of 12:37, 12 April 2017
|A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z </div>|
- Audio & Telecomms Area. The BBC area which specialised in testing temporary and permanent audio circuits.
- Assistant Technical Operations Manager (deputy head honcho in BH). See also: TOM.
- An equaliser best known for equalising video circuits.
- An equaliser best known for equalising cable circuits.
- Control No Ringers. A low bandwidth audio circuit used for talkback and cue programme material. It did not possess a voice frequency ringer and could be presented as two-wire (2W) or four-wire (4W), the latter for 2-way working.
- Contribution circuit
- A circuit whose main use is to feed programme material from its source to the destination. Its main use is for Outside Broadcasts and News items.
- Circuit Order Form issued by the BBC to book circuits for programmes.
- A facility which locks local vision synchronising pulses to a remote vision signal.
- test line
- Impulsive interference or unwanted signal from another source.
- Protection Circuit
- A spare wideband circuit which can be used as a standby
- Re Broadcast Link. The main feed for a transmitter usually reception of another transmitter.
- Re Broadcast Standby. A transmitter's reserve feed usually by receiving another transmitter off-air.
- Technical Operations Manager, BH. In charge of all the BBC's domestic radio networks and the running of LCR.
|Contents:||A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z </div>|